When water damage occurs we all wish we could pull a Samantha and wiggle our noses to make the disaster fix itself. Unfortunately, none of us live on the set of Bewitched and have that ability. But what we do have is knowledge of the do's & don'ts of water damage cleanup when water damage does occur in your home.
Do's & Don'ts of Water Damage Cleanup
What you should do
- Remove personal belongings from the affected area.
- Put aluminum foil between furniture legs and the floor.
- Turn off the electricity.
- If it’s internal, shut off the source of water.
- Get your family or/and pets out of the house
- Call the professionals at Commercial Cleaning and Restoration ASAP!
What you should not do
- Do not go into any rooms where the ceiling sags
- Do not go step in any water if the electricity is still on
- Do not use any electrical appliances
- Do not use household vacuums to remove the water
- If sewage is involved do not attempt to clean yourself. Your health could be at risk.
It is important to contact certified professionals to prevent any extensive damage to your home. Commercial Cleaning and Restoration is a leading provider of water damage cleanup services. Our professionals are trained to perform water damage cleanup quickly and efficiently. Water damage cleanup is a piece of cake for us!
We’re available 24 hours a day, seven days to handle any commercial or residential water damage disaster. Contact Commercial Cleaning and Restoration today for a free estimate!