Mold Growth, Detection, and Health Issues
Most people find mold when they see or smell it, but mold can also grow in hidden areas such as underneath floorboards or behind walls. If you think you may have a mold issue, it is important that you have a certified mold removal expert perform an inspection as soon as possible. The longer the mold has to grow, the more difficult it is to remove.
Did you know that mold can spread throughout a home or business in as little as 48-72 hours, and can produce allergens and irritants that have the potential to cause other health effects?
Consider these mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold reproduces by mold spores, which can be carried by air currents. Mold spores are microscopic and travel through the air.
- Spores can enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems. They can even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or on a pet.
- Mold can grow on almost any substance when moisture is present. Because common building materials are capable of sustaining mold growth, and mold spores are ubiquitous, mold growth in an indoor environment is typically related to water or moisture indoors
- Mold spores grow quickly into colonies when exposed to water.
- If the sources of water or moisture are not addressed prior to mold remediation the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor. This can be helpful as it can help you identify mold issues.
- High indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Nearly 37 million Americans suffer from sinusitis, and according to the Mayo Clinic, the vast majority of these conditions are caused by mold. Of course, sinusitis is just one of many dangers if you have black mold in your home. Untreated mold will only continue to grow, as will health problems that may include, but are not limited to asthma, body aches and pains, bronchitis, dizziness, chronic fatigue, headaches, eye, nose, and throat irritation, and difficulty concentrating.
In the most severe cases, black mold can even be fatal for those with weakened immune systems, as well as children and the elderly.
If your property is suffering from a mold problem call us today! Trust us to take care of all of your mold removal needs!