If your roof is the first line of defense for your home, then getting roof inspections is the first line of defense for your roof! The best time to have your roof inspected is at the beginning of the rainy season. Any structural damage will be quickly exposed. Also, towards the end of the rainy season, when the high volume of rain may have taken its toll on your roof.
The National Roofing Contractors Association recommends that homeowners have their roofs inspected twice a year. This may be too much. We recommend having your roof inspected at least once a year in Tucson.
To get started on a Do-It-Yourself Roof Inspection, try these tips:
- Check all gutters for debris or plants growing in them.
- Are the gutters securely fastened?
- Have a flat roof with roof drains - better check that out too.
- Make sure the drains are functioning properly on any roof.
- Look at chimneys for any cracks or damage.
- Check all flashings, and make sure they are securely fastened and sealed.
- Don't forget to check all areas with caulking,
- Touch up any suspected deficiencies that have been caulked and are maybe cracking or missing caulking.
- Inspect under eaves and overhangs to look for damage that might indicate water leakage
- Also, make sure to check points of the roof that don’t conform to the regular roof plane, such as dormers or skylights.
Want to Have a Professional Roof Inspection?
Commercial Cleaning and Restoration can send one of our professional inspectors to check out your roof and building. We can look for leaks, damage, or potential leaks. Our team can inspect for mold and other issues as well. The inspection is free. If you need any repairs, we can help you with that too, as we are licensed, contractors.